Chicago Hair Transplantation
By age 50, about 50% of American men-and a substantial number of women-are affected by hair loss with aging, much of which is hereditary. Micro-hair transplantation is a state-of-the-art hair transplantation technique that has replaced "plugs" or larger grafts of hair.
Technique: Most micro-hair transplant procedures (individual hair micrograft restorations) use local anesthesia and are performed on an outpatient basis. Other procedures such as flap surgery, require general anesthesia and are performed in a surgical setting. After approximately six weeks, the transplanted hair will fall out and be replaced about three months later when the new hair grows in. To achieve sufficient density, several sessions may be required. Hair transplantation is a progressive process requiring hundreds of micro-grafts, each of which will generally contain from one to three hairs mini-grafted from a donor site on the side or back of the head. They are randomly implanted in the bald (or thinning) area so that they will grow in a natural pattern and produce an undetectable result.
Chicago Micro Hair Transplantation Benefits
- Procedure is permanent. Once the Chicago micro hair transplant procedures are complete, there is no further necessity for hair loss surgery.
- Restores a natural, more youthful, and vigorous look, with potentially positive psychological effects, such as a boost in confidence.
- Less expensive than other hair loss treatments, when factored over time.
Chicago Hair Restoration
- Must have availability of healthy hair growth in donor areas of adequate density. May be combined with other surgical procedures in patients with larger areas of baldness.
- Time-consuming process that may require multiple sessions over 1 to 2 years.
- Procedure involves some degree of minor discomfort, bruising and swelling.
- There may be numbness around the donor or recipient site, which generally disappears within 2 to 3 months.
- Several days are required before normal activities can be resumed.
- Patient should not have unrealistic expectations about the nature and extent of transplanted hair growth. Individual hair characteristics, such as coarseness and curl, can affect the possible density of transplanted hair in Chicago Hair Restoration.
Survival of transplanted hair is not always predictable
Hair Lift Scalp Lift
What is the cause?
Loss of hair is usually an inherited trait, although underlying medical conditions should be ruled out. Scalp reductions can reduce the size of a bald spot.
Who is a candidate?
Balding men usually with a noticeable bald spot.
Who may not be a candidate?
You should check with a SpaMedica patient consultant, but generally people with uncontrolled heart or lung diseases and those with organ abnormalities such as diabetes, high blood pressure, angina or asthma should be stabilized.
Recent traumatic stresses such as divorce, death in the family, job losses or depression may mean having your procedure at a later date.
People with known keloid scars.
How is the procedure done?
Some of the balding scalp is removed and the resulting defect is sutured as a thin line. By removing this ellipse of skin, the hair-bearing scalp is brought closer together, thereby making the bald spot smaller.
This procedure takes about 1 1/2 hours.
What type of anesthetic is used?
Local freezing and deep sedation, You will not remember this procedure.
An anesthesiologist is always present.
What is the recovery period?
You can wash your hair the next day. Minimal bruising, swelling and discomfort for 3 days.
Most can return to work 2-3 days post-operatively.
What are the results?
Most scalp reduction patients are happy. Modest decrease in the size of a bald spot can be achieved. Pre-op computer imaging can help show you the range of improvements that may be achieved.
How much does it cost?
Costs vary but range from $2,000 to 2,800.Need to book a screening consultation to assess candidacy and during this consultation approximate price will be discussed.